Thursday, February 5, 2009

Some Would Describe The Girl As Willful

It seems in the past week or so she has changed. I don't know what happened to her but she wants to GO GO GO. She is no longer satisfied with just sitting on your lap unless she is stretching and craning to try and reach something that is just out of her reach and most likely something she should not be playing with in the first place. Oh and if she can't reach it...or heaven forbid you move it or take it away from her she throws a holy fit. *sigh* She also has been trying like crazy to crawl the last few days. We really thought she had no interest in it since we would put her on the floor and the girl would never really even try to roll over. Now you put her down sitting and she can get onto her tummy by herself and she tries to crawl. Thankfully she hasn't gotten the hang of it yet. I'm so not ready for that, though I am sure it's right around the corner.

She learned how to chew her food this past week. SO now we are up to 3rd stage foods and she is getting some of the Gerber graduates but I think we'll move on to cheerios since they are cheaper, and probably healthier for her. And last night she finally learned that when she picks them up she can put them in her mouth herself so I don't have to do it for her. I'm still uber paranoid about her choking, but she's doing great with the food and so I'm starting to relax a bit. And I'm happy with the progress she is making. She is well on her way to that 1st birthday cake!

No comments: