Friday, January 30, 2009
1. I recently got my hair chopped (super short) and I'm still not sure if I like it.
2. I love cats more than dogs. But don't tell Leo that.
3. If I would never gain weight I would live off doughnuts.
4. I hate my smile, I have never liked it and probably never will.
5. I love to watch the sun rise and set on the snow in MN. There is nothing more beautiful than that.
6. In my dream house there will be NO carpet.
7. I am too nice and get taken advantage of because of it.
8. I love being a mom, it really is the most meaningful thing I've ever done with my life.
9. Someday I would LOVE to be a professional photographer. (if time and money were no issue)
10. I wish we had more than one bathroom in our house.
11. Lily's giggle can make the grumpiest person bust a gut laughing.
12. My house will never be clean enough to eat of the floor and I'm OK with that.
13. I wish I could see my family and friends more. Everyone lives so far away.
14. I've never been on an airplane and I would like to keep it that way.
15. It's a lot harder to come up with 25 random things than I thought it would be.
16. Out of a typical 8 hour day at work I probably do about 2 hours worth of actual work. I'm not sure how I still have a job.
17. I feel so blessed that of all the guys on the Internet I ended up with Adam.
18. I don't really Need anything else in my life. I have all I need!
19. Of course there are always thing I WANT.
20. I only have 1 pair of shoes that I actually wear. And they are pretty worn.
21. I can't remember the last time I wore a dress or skirt.
22. But I LOVE getting dressed up and Love dresses.
23. I also love makeup but don't wear ANY on a normal day.
24. I have a cat who likes NOBODY better than me, and that makes me feel good. Even though he drives me crazy sometimes.
25. We bought a video of our wedding and haven't every watched it once and in fact I don't even know where it is.
Lily slept better last night. Not like Thursday night where at 12:30 in the morning she cries for an hour before I finally get up and take her downstairs and lay with her til 2:30 and then back to the crib for her and then i laid in bed wondering how long she would sleep before she woke up crying again. So needless to say yesterday I was in a very very poor mental state. I really wish I was one of those people who could function properly on just a few hours of sleep. But alas, I am not. I need 8 plus hours and sometimes with a baby that just ISN'T possible.
On a side note: It's Superbowl weekend and I think we might be the only people in the country that aren't planning on going to or having a party. In fact we probably won't even really watch it except maybe to check the score or to see some of the commercials.
So Happy weekend everyone!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
But man seeing that just really makes me happy! Makes me realize I don't NEED to eat everything in sight. Even when I want to.
I need to make time for exercise, I know it will make a big difference this time around since I have issues with my stomach now after having a kid. I just am good with the excuses and I really shouldn't because I can do my Wii Fit WHILE I watch TV. So tonight, I will workout. Even if it's short, it's better than nothing right?
Wish me luck. :-)
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Sit up by herself and reach for things well without tipping over
Roll over both ways (finally)
Scream when you take a toy away from her
She laughs uncontrollably when you grunt at her or blow raspberries on her tummy
Reaches for you as if saying "pick me up", when you hold your hands out for her (in fact she did that the whole time I was dressing her this morning, she just wanted me to pick her up)
She also will refuse to go to you if she wants to stay where she is
She blows raspberries and smacks her lips
She is constantly pulling off my glasses
She (most of the time) sleeps straight through the night (and has been for months)
She loves to eat
She hates to nap
She loves All things Animal
She dances when you play music. Even throwing in some interesting head moves
She has a perma-smile
Cannot be left alone in a room without shrieking like there is an axe murderer in there with her
Loves to Jump Jump Jump
Can stand almost independently, but for sure hanging on to someone/something
Has no interest in crawling but is tolerating tummy time a lot better these days (probably cause she can roll back over now)
She STILL has no teeth
She has her first real cold
She Loves the "big girl bathtub" and her duck ducks
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
I was just thinking to myself. I have lots of things I haven't quit on (even though at times I may have wanted to). So I'm making a list, cause it's what I do best. To make myself feel better and prove I CAN stick to things if I truly want to.
1. Being a wife. Hey, it's hard work and I've made it almost 2 years already.
2. Being a mother, and there have been many times I've wanted to quit but she is so dang cute.
3. Scrapbooking. I love it. It's fun and relaxing, I wish I could do it more actually.
4. My Job, Again this is another one that I've wanted to quit several times but that whole "being an adult" thing is sorta holding me back.
5. My blog. I've been doing this since. what? August and still going, in fact I actually write more now than I did. I also really enjoy this and sometimes I yearn to type but have nothing to write about. It's sad really.
6. Caring for my furbabies. Yup my pets. I'm not sure I ever really mention them here but we have 2 cats and a dog and I've had one of the cats for like 14 years now. That's quite an accomplishment. (though Adam takes care of them mostly now.)
Um Yeah, maybe that isn't that many things. But it's still better than nothing right?
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
My question I find myself asking myself is why can't I keep my motivation? Is the food that tempts me really that great? Is the shows on TV really better than getting a workout in?
I think my main problem is excuses. I think I could be dubbed the queen of excuses. I can always think of something else I SHOULD be doing. Like dishes, laundry, spending time with my family, etc. But really my health is important too. And I really need to learn to quit putting it on the back burner. It needs to be put on the front burner, and watched carefully, cause I'm tired of boiling over. OK enough with the puns. In all seriousness I am frustrated and angry with myself. I have committed and re-committed so many times and it makes me sad that right this moment I'm feeling motivated but in a day or too this will wear off and I'll be back down in the pits and eating everything in sight without caring.
I need to address WHY I can't stick with it. Why I have a hard time accomplishing even the smallest goal. I have even tried throwing the scale out of the picture and just going by how I feel about myself. I just don't understand the Why of it all.
Monday, January 19, 2009
As of right now I'm having some mixed feelings about it. It's not styled right and looks nothing like I wanted. BUT it has potential. I just have to find some time to play with it. So for now I'm not thrilled but it will grow on me I think. Tomorrow I'll blow it dry and see if that makes a difference at all.
Then I ran to goodwill in the search of some plain, solid color sheets for photos for Lily. I don't mind doing them myself and actually enjoy it, but it's hard when you don't have anything to use as a drop cloth/background type thing. I found a few neat things and so I am just patiently waiting a week until Lily hits 8 months and then I'll give it a go and see what I can do. I think I'm going to try and read up on some lighting and stuff like that, Ideally I like to do pictures outside cause lighting is perfect. But what can you do when you have tons of snow in the way right? Wish me luck! People have given me many compliments on other photos I have done so I'm hoping I can get some more good ones. She's a pretty easy subject.
Anyway, Lily had a better night last night. Though she still woke up a lot, she managed to put herself back to sleep, which is always good. And at some point a circuit blew and her heater and nightlight went off. We just left it but eventually Adam had to run down and flip it back on. She likes the noise from the heater and I'm sure the light helps too. And she went back to sleep, and stayed asleep after that. Not sure what happened to the breaker though. Our house is full of mysteries.
Alright I suppose I'll quit boring you now with my babble.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Lily with her baby doll.
Friday, January 16, 2009
All I can say is after 7.5 months of doing a bedtime routine, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I will be at a loss as to what to do with myself come 7:30pm tonight.
What do you guys think we should do?
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Stuff I got done yesterday:
Dishes (all of them, dishwasher is empty as I type)
Fronts of cabinets
Got table cleared off
All Christmas decorations down and put away
floor swept and mopped
Table wiped off
Living room/Desk area:
All papers sorted and thrown out
All Christmas decorations down and put away
Liter box, cleaned
Swept floor and hand washed.
Washed shower curtain and rugs
Bed linens changed/made
All laundry put away
I also worked on laundry all day and got that caught up. With towels, blankets and such.
I would like to have gotten Lily's room cleaned too but sometimes I had to actually rest. I was recovering from my surgery after all. But I was SO happy with my progress that I could finally relax. I had a nice long hot bath and felt so relaxed afterwords.
I think mental health days are So worth it. I feel more at ease in general too. And was SO happy when it was time to go pick up the Monster.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
On a side note: This picture is of course our Lily, but that is so what she looks like as a boy. Just call her our little man for today! She got that train from my Mother-in-law for Christmas, she loves it of course, it plays music and moves and she couldn't be happier with it.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Tomorrow should be interesting...Being home alone with the Monster. But drugs are good and we can hang out and watch tv all day and hopefully Adam can come home early and help take care of her. Still undecided about work on Monday but we'll play it by ear. But if I do stay home on Monday I am still taking her to my Mother in Law's house for the day so i can rest and get some stuff done around here if nothing else.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Our Birthing Center just released the most popular girl names for 2008.
Keep in mind Lily's actual name is: Lillian Grace.
Here they are:
The 10 most popular girl names were:
Who would have thought? I know NO other Lily's or Lillian's. Or any Grace's for that matter. Oh well, I guess she'll have plenty of friends with the same name as her.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
All went well last night, besides the Monster being a little over-tired the night started off good. It came to be bedtime, and I changed her and fed her and put her to bed, she went to sleep and to bed without a fight. So did I, I was asleep by 8:30 all excited thinking this was going to be a great night! Until 11:30 when she woke up screaming bloody murder. So Adam goes in and gives her the pacifier after letting her cry for 20 minutes or so. Which of course, in turn, makes her cry harder. *side note* I remember when that used to work, it was like magic and we were so happy to go right back to sleep. Anyway. So I go in and get her...and deal with her until about 3:00 when I finally decide to feed her, so Adam got her a bottle and we fed her. But she would go right to sleep but the second you tried to lay her down in the crib her eyes would shoot open and she would scream like you were trying to kill her. Which only made me MORE frustrated. So We Let her sleep with us and really all that means is she is the only one that gets any sleep. So I am tired, frustrated and terrified at what tonight will bring.
But then this morning I wake her up after my shower and get her dressed and as I'm getting her dressed I tell her this story about how Mommy is so much nicer when she wakes her up versus when she wakes us up. I mean How would she like it if we woke her up going WAH WAH WAH...and she smiles at me, and I can't help but fall in love with her all over again.
I told Adam that the reason babies are cute is so that we don't eat our young.
We are all hoping for a better night tonight. Wish us luck!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
This is my grandma with her. We went up New years day to visit and Lily handled this visit a little better this go round! I was happy.
Lily finally rolled over for Adam last night. He doesn't like it when I put her on her tummy and let her cry, but it gets her to roll over. And I am certain he was happy when he got to see her flip over for the 3rd time. So she's not a pro yet, but it takes her less and less time to do it each time she does, so I'm certain she'll be rockin' and rollin' before we know it. We really do need to get on with the baby proofing. And Oh my gosh, what are we going to do when we need to use the playpen and can't cause we have it piled full of extra diapers and baby bags and stuff. Oh so much to do with so little time to do it all.
I think I'm going to try and post again tonight, I need to get on the computer and get some photos ordered and stuff so I will *try* to get some photos put up, But we'll see. Adam went home sick and so I doubt I'll have him to watch Lily for me. Someday.
Monday, January 5, 2009
So here are mine:
1. Be more active in our family finances (sorry honey)
2. eat healthier (this is always a goal of mine, kinda)
3. Be more physical. I need to simply move more. (yeah, easier said than done)
4. Try and work on my patience.
So there they are. Laid out on the Internet for all to see (or my 3 readers anyway)
In Other News. Braces have been put on hold. Not a big deal, I wasn't really looking forward to it anyway. Maybe the end of this year, it will happen in the future, but the timing just isn't right, right now.
We Desperately need a new vehicle. So that is the plan for tonight, see what we can find.
I'm also hoping that now that Lily is back with my In-Laws that her schedule will slowly go back to where she was, this whole waking up all the time thing and the neediness is for the birds. I love her but man was I ready to come back to work after my 12 day "vacation".