Lily-mon and Me, Christmas Day!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Lily-mon and Me, Christmas Day!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
So just a very quick post to wish Everyone (you know, both of my readers) a Very Merry Christmas. Enjoy time with your family. This season does come but once a year and this is it! Don't waste it! Enjoy it!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Bonus: They get to bring him home on Christmas Day. I mean is there really any better present than that?
I hope you guys love being parents as much as Adam and I do (on most days LOL)!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Friday Adam and I went to a movie of my choice since we had a free babysitter. We went and seen Bolt. It was great, I was looking forward to coming home to a sleeping baby. Um, Yeah. She was wide awake. So we still had to put her to bed. Whatever we still got a night out. But from now on, at least til she gets older I think we will avoid planning things for when her bedtime is cause it just throws her off too much.
Saturday was my birthday! It went well. We went out for lunch, were going to go car shopping but the weather was crappy and snowy and icky so we just went home instead. The rest of the day we just hung out at home and watched TV on the couch, it was a nice day.
Sunday we were supposed to go to my parents house for dinner, which got canceled because of the weather on Saturday and in all reality it would have been just fine to drive on Sunday. So Instead Adam went into work (which now he gets Christmas Eve off, which is a nice trade off) And I ended up alone with the baby all day. I was going to use this time to get chores done, cleaning/laundry, etc. Nope. The girl was having none of that. She just wanted to be held ALL weekend, and after a horrible night on Saturday this was just far too wearing on me.
I think I need a vacation. Badly.
Since Pictures of the Lily-Monster always cheer me up (especially in her I Love Mommy shirt) I thought I'd share one!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Last year at this time, I was pregnant, still sick, but getting better. Adam and I had gone away for a couple nights. It was glorious! We were still preparing for the little Lily-Mon. I didn't have much Christmas spirit as I was still consumed with throwing up and trying to get things ready for her.
This year....We will probably be car shopping. Or truck shopping rather. Hanging out at home as we are expecting a big snow storm. And Lily is almost 7 months old already.
Next year? I am anxious to see where we will all be this time next year? Lily will be old enough to realize what snow is...MAYBE understand a little bit about what Santa is (though likely not a whole lot) But at least she'll be able to open presents. And of course at that point we may even be thinking about trying for another monster at that point.
It really is insane how much a year can change your life.
I am also reminded (as a friend just had a stillborn baby boy this week) That I should really take this time and be so thankful for what we have. I have a wonderful family, a nice place to live, and a very Happy, healthy baby girl.
My heart goes out to her and her family as I can't imagine such a loss, even harder as it's so close to the holiday season.
So I guess, Happy Birthday to me. :-) Here's to another year.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
So He came home early from work and the furnace seems to be fine, we think it was just a fluke. Whatever, he enjoys a nice quiet day at home. Meanwhile, I have the truck, which did run fine on my way to work despite Adam telling me that it won't. I get cocky. Fast Forward to 3:20, I go out and start the truck. It starts fine. I leave at 3:30, remember that the wipers don't work right. I grumble to myself. I manage to kill the truck before I even leave the parking lot here. BUT I get it restarted, only to kill it again at the intersection. *sigh* SO I call Adam, he is off in another town on his way to pick up the Lily-Mon. So I wait, and wave people to go around me. He shows up 25 minutes later. I'm freezing to death (I swear to god on that one) We get it started, I follow him home. Get home, the heat stopped working again. Whatever, we get it going and then we go and get the baby. Get home make supper, while Adam fixes the truck (thankfully an easy fix). Ate supper, went to bed.
This morning. We make a comment about how the heat was running. I get downstairs later and it's NOT working. *sigh* So I go down and get it running again.
I gotta say, normally I can't wait to get home, but I think I'd rather stay at work.
It doesn't help any that lily hasn't been sleeping as usual lately. She's been waking up a lot. We are getting better about leaving her and letting her go back to sleep on her own though so I guess that's good. I think she's going through a growth spurt or something. Who the heck knows anymore.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
1. Yes, I still need to post Santa Pictures. and Some snow pictures, and probably some other pictures I'm behind on. I'll get there one of these days.
2. Lily LOVES to blow raspberries, she was just learning how to do it in my last post but that girl has gone to town with them, and blows them at you all the time now, she's good at it too. And it still makes me laugh, every. single. time.
3. Adam got me Wii Fit for my birthday! I am LOVING it! No, it's not my birthday yet (Saturday!) But he gave it to me early and no I don't mind, It's getting my buns moving and getting some activity in to counter-act all the cookies I have made, and eaten.
4. I have fallen in love. With my Kitchen Aid mixer that is. It is heavenly, and I want to bake ALL the time, which counter-acts my wii fit progress, but it's so worth it.
5. We had a rough morning this morning. Furnace out, Truck not working properly. But it's warm here at work and hopefully Adam will have things figured out by the time I leave today and the truck will hopefully start for me.
6. My Aunt and uncle dropped in on Saturday and gave Lily-mon a Christmas present. They were very generous and her Favorite toy of them all is the little stuffed puppy. It makes no noise, does nothing fancy, But it makes her laugh like it's going out of style. I believe I was the same way as a child...a little odd.
7. I have almost all my Christmas cards out. I'm still working on them, and getting real tired of them too.
8. I am looking forward to having some vacation next week. 12 days...all in a row.
9. Though I am NOT looking forward to dental work and baby shots.
10. L-Monster Still doesn't roll over, though she sits up by herself really well now and can go for a LONG time sitting by herself. She gets thisclose to rolling over and then decides she's happy where she is. Any day now. Of course I've been saying that for a couple months now.
Am I missing anything?
Note to self: Need to upload pictures.
I'll try and get to it tonight.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Some friends of ours welcomed their third little girl into the world this week! Kamryn Ann. She is ADORABLE. and Small, oh so small. weighing in at a whopping 7 pounds. Lily was never that tiny. But she is perfect, adorable and has the cutest raspy cry (For now anyway)! So congrats to them!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
And yes, You are seeing that right. The girl CAN sit up by herself now! It's like magic. 6 months is the magical number!
Our family Picture. I don't think we've had one since she was just a measly month old.