Thursday, November 12, 2009

It's a long one, so brace yourselves.

I really haven’t had much to talk about lately. I feel like there is a lot going on but when I sit down and try to put it into words it just doesn’t work. Not sure what is up with that. It never rarely happens that I am speechless. I mean I can always come up with something to babble on and on about.




The girl is good. She is learning more and more everyday. Sometimes I really can’t even believe she is the same little baby we brought home from the hospital. Though I am sure most parents feel that way. This is a fun time though. She learns so much everyday. Her latest favorite thing to do is “cooking” so we can “eat”. I actually usually let her sit up on the counter with me when I am preparing dinner. It’s really important to me to have her in the kitchen and learn her way around. It’s an important skill to have in life. Also helps with math and junk. But she’s a little young to be working on the fractions, so I measure, she pours. Then we stir together. In fact I usually give her, her own “bowl” and “poon” and she does her own thing. But she will never ever let the chance go to tell me she is “cooking”. Such a big girl. The other day I was brave and let her add the pepper to the bowl. She did well, I think she’s a natural.



In the adult world we are trucking along. I’m not a huge fan of my job and have pretty much ruled out the possibility of doing the daycare thing. I mean if I can’t rationalize the space for US to have one more baby then I certainly couldn’t expect 10 kids to have enough room to play and sleep. Plus that is a pretty huge chance that you really can’t go backwards on. I love kids and all but when my one kid is whining and fussy I get frustrated. Though for some reason it seems less annoying when it’s not your kid. Anyway, so that’s marked off the list. I think in the end I’d love a job I could do from home. But they are very few and far between around here. Heck I’ve just been looking for other jobs in general and they are few and far between. It’s a tough market out there. So I guess for now I am trying to focus on how lucky I am to even have a job right now. The pros completely outweigh the cons, which makes it that much harder to want to make a change. I mean my boss here is pretty flexible and when you have kids, you need that. Especially since Adam’s job just isn’t.



Hmm what else. Well, Adam and I decided to paint one of our living room walls. I STILL haven’t chose a color and I probably won’t until I’m standing in front of the paint chips at the store. It’ll look great I’m sure, our living rooms needs some color badly so I’m excited about it. Of course I’ll post some photos when it’s all done.



Guess I had more to babble about than I thought.

*words in quotes are Lily's exact words.




A rare glimpse at the Philippi family!

No comments: