Sunday, February 28, 2010

What is it about major changes?

I'm not sure why it is but for me at least, it seems anytime something major changes (new job, new baby, going on a trip, moving etc.) it takes me what seems like FOREVER to adjust and feel back to normal again.  I don't think it's a big secret that I am not a huge fan of big changes.  I like routine and schedule and consistancy.  Well when any of those things above changes, it just seems so HARD to imagine life the way it will be with the new change.  And yes I'm  babbling about my new job again.  I just can't seem to picture myself with this new schedule, at this new job with these new people.  The job itself is fine.  Like always I over-react to things like that.  I hate the unexpected.  The job can be a little mundane but the time passes quickly enough I guess.  But I can't help but think how easy I transistioned into staying home and keeping house and taking care of miss Lily.  And then reflect on how HARD this transition back into working this job has become.  I'm certain I'm driving people nuts with my whining.  I feel bad about that but at the same time, I just can't help the way I feel.  I know, what dove it preltty goo.to comlain about rig?  I have it pretty goo.  But I just don't feel happy.  I feel happy when I'm home with my family but the dread that comes with the fact that tomorrow is Monday and I have to go back to a job that takes me away from the ONE thing I truely love doing just makes me want to cry.

I'm sure it's all still just a matter of adjusting, and I figure about the time I finally get used to it, that's when my options will open up for me.  Cause isn't that just the way it always is?

1 comment:

danibabe2 said...

Sorry you're having such a hard transition Miranda. I know it takes time and it will get easier, just stick in there!